Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bisquick Chocolate Chip Bars.

Apparently when I said that I need to be more committed and update my blog it actually means updating once a week. I guess I should be glad that if I manage to update my blog once a week. I've actually been busy myself at home packing and cleaning. I did manage to cook/bake a little. Friday was the last day for two boys at my work place and we were having food day for their farewell. I was really busy at work Wednesday and Thursday. I wasn't able to get out of the office on Thursday until about 6:45pm and I was actually rushing to get home because daddy didn't go home before school to let Stanley out and I felt so bad because Stanley's in his crate for quite some time therefore I was actually looking at the clock hoping that I can have stuff done and go home to him and I actually had a roast cooking in the crockpot. Luckily I had the time set to start at noon so it didn't cook for too long of a time. When I got back I quickly gave Stanley a snack, attended to my roast and took Stanley out to do his business. Quickly took a shower and got dinner ready. Then I had to think of something to take to work and finally decided on Bisquick Chocolate Chip Bars because it was simple and I had all the ingredients on hand.

Ingredients

  1. 2-1/2 cups bisquick baking mix
  2. 1 cup of sugar
  3. 1 large egg
  4. 1/4 vegetable oil
  5. 2 tsp vanilla essence
  6. 1 cup or more chocolate chips

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients except chips.

2. Spread in a 13 x 9-inch pan, greased and floured.

3. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350° (will look bubbly and light in the center).

I should have covered the bars before I went to be after it cooled off because when I got to the office it was pretty hard and I had to nuke it in the microwave so that it's soft again but since I let it on the counter the whole day by the end of the day it was hard again. No pictures too because I was glad that it was done end of the night that I could not be bothered to take pictures and just want to get in bed. Lately because of the lack of time I cannot be bothered to take any picture of anything. I should do more of that since hubby actually spend some money in all the gadgets we have at home.

Speaking of gadgets hubby bought me a new phone..LOL...We were actually thinking of getting the iphone but we didn't want to switch cell phone carriers therefore we just got a blackberry. This was not launched until April 14 so I had to wait about 3+ weeks after I found out about it and everyone knows how I HATE to wait but I was really patient waiting for it which was surprising actually...:)

I love my new phone but I'm still getting hubby to learn about it so that it'll be easier for me to use it..:P...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin