Sunday, January 13, 2008

Famous Pork Chops

We've been staying at home the whole weekend because hubby has his online classes and weekend is the time he tries to catch up on it. I can go out if I wanted to but I am too lazy to leave my warm and cozy house if I don't have to. After much discussion between hubby and I on what to make for dinner tonight we decided on pork chops. I didn't even bother to ask him what kind of pork chops so I just tried to figure it out myself. I decided on Famous Pork Chops.

Famous Pork Chops
INGREDIENTS
1 cup crushed butter crackers
garlic and onion powder to taste
ground black pepper to taste
a dash of italian seasoning
a dash of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want)
1 eggs, beaten
4 pork chops
1/4 cup butter
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl beat eggs.
3. Dip your pork chops in the egg batter and then in the cracker mixture. Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place chunks of the butter around the pork chops. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
p/s: I added 1/2C of Parmesan cheese into half of the cracker mixture.


I made baked potato, steam mixed vegetables and French Beans Casserole for the side dish.

French Beans Casserole
Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
Dash ground black pepper
2 cans of cut french beans
1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
Directions:
1. MIX soup, milk, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.
2. BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.
3. STIR . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake another 5 min.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin