Wednesday, January 16, 2008

White Cake with Caramel Frosting

Since I like to browse thru the recipes site that always make me have cravings for what ever I see there. Today I've been looking at cakes and I wanted to have some cake. I had a piece of cake at hubby's grandpa's funeral and it was really awesome. I was hoping that I can find a recipe like the cake I ate. It didn't come out to be like the cake I ate at the funeral but it tastes pretty good too.


White Cake
INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar,oil and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Caramel Cake frosting
Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
confectioners' sugar, as needed
Directions

Cook sugar and butter for two minutes.
Stir in 1/4 cup milk.
Bring to a boil; cool.
Stir in 10x (confectioner's) sugar, until thick enough to spread.
Makes enough for 2 large cake layers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin