Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lost of a loved one

People come and go everyday. Babies born and also people dying. Life is so unpredictable. I lost both my grandmothers while I'm here and was never able to attend any of their funerals. FIL's dad passed away on the 31st January 2007 which is also MIL and FIL's wedding anniversary. Grandpa took a nap a day before Christmas eve and when he got up he suffered a stroke on his right side and was admitted to the hospital. He was 89 years old and a very active man. He was not happy at all when he had to lay in the hospital bed while he was being observe to see what's going on with him. He went down hill from there. The good thing was he didn't suffer a long time. He was at the hospital for a little over a week and being there I feel makes him feel like he was there for a longer period of time. We had the funeral etc on Friday and it was really an emotional one. I've met grandpa and spend some time with him but not a lot yet I could feel the lost in the family. We know that grandma is strong and is accepting everything but after 60 over years of being married to a man I'm sure it's a difficult thing. I could not imagine how difficult and painful it would be. She was not given any time to be prepared for this. When grandpa was admitted to the hospital it daunted to me that my grandma was admitted for almost the same reason. She was in there for about a week and was expected to be discharged the next day but she had a seizure and passed away. I was completely out for almost a week not being able to think of not having her around. My grandma, my best friend and my nanny. She was someone that I call almost once every week. She will ask me what's going on with me if she don't hear from me. Someone that I share my secrets with and someone that I can depend on for yummy food/recipes. I know it's a circle of life where someone comes and goes but sometimes it's difficult for the loved one to accept it. We just hope that FIL's mom will be fine and enjoy her own last years of hers just like MIL's mom. MIL's mom lost her husband about two years ago but she had time to prepare for it because grandpa was sick for quite some time. I'm glad that I was able to meet all of them. We will miss them and all the grandparents will always remain in our heart forever..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin