Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cesar Pork Chops

I've really been trying to cook more so that we don't have to eat out so often. We managed to stay home to eat for 10 days in a row (excepts some lunches). I managed to crack my head and whip up either simple stuff or preparing it before I go to work and having hubby reheating it or cooking it when he gets back from work if he's earlier than me or I'll do it when I get back.







Caesar Pork Chops

Ingredients
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup creamy Caesar/ranch salad dressing (basically any dressing you have at home this one I mixed it with garlic Caesar and ranch)
4 pork loin chops with bone (1/2 inch thick) 
1/2 cup (1oz) shredded cheese (Parmesan, cheddar etc)

Method
  1. Heat oven to 375*F.
  2. In pie pan or shallow dish, mix flour and Italian seasoning. Pour dressing into another pie pan or shallow dish.
  3. Coat both sides of each pork chop with the flour mixture; dip into dressing, coating both sides well. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Discard any remaining flour and dressing.
  4. Bake uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center. 

The out come of this pork chop is awesome. It almost melts in your mouth and hubby actually approves of this recipe. I served mine with some home made vegetable salad which I made the day before during my day off. I am still striving to cook more home cooked food at home albeit we've been eating out now again about 3 times a week which we need to stop. I'm hoping I can come up with more dishes so we don't get sick and tired of eating at home. I do try and eat a different dish every day so that we don't get sick of the same food although sometimes is a little difficult because we would only have a little left over and we would just want to finish it the next day.

Maybe if I have time I would even make my own Caesar salad dressing when I plan on making this pork chop again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin