Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mac N Cheese with a twist.

I've been working a lot this month and since I'm at my third trimester I get really pooped easily. I've been trying to balance working and resting hence leaving me not much time to cook. Even when I'm home I get tired and don't feel like cooking. Most of the time hubs and I will try and whip up something quick so we can eat quick and rest. I also try and whip up extras so that I can take it to work for lunch. 


Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, 7.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24)






One evening I had no idea what to eat and was craving for pasta. We could either dine out of try and make it at home. Making pasta from stretch will take a longer time so when I went rummaging through my pantry I found a box of Mac and Cheese.





Ingredients
1 box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
2 tbsp butter
Milk
2cups of mixed vegetables
3-4 links of sausage
1-2 slices of cheese- optional

Method
1. Cook macaroni, sausage and mixed vegetables in water for about 7-10 minutes or until macaroni is al dente.
2. Drain water and do not rinse.
3. On low/medium low add cheese powder, milk, cheese slice and butter.
4. Serve warm.

I cooked the Mac N Cheese according to the direction but adding some mixed vegetables and sausage to try and balance my meal.  This is not the most healthiest meal out there but hey it is quick, balanced and yummy :) I froze the rest in different container for lunch the next few days. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin