Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home made Kaya (I)

The past week I've been having cravings for some Kaya spread but have been too busy with other things to try making it. I google and found out that people DO make Kaya with their bread maker. So I brought out my trusty bread maker (which I am so very glad I invested in one last year) and started making it.



Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 1/3 C coconut milk (I used canned)
1 1/3-1 1/2C of sugar

Method:
1. Beat eggs so that it's mixed up
2. Put it all in the bread maker and select the Jam mode. Make sure to check the bread maker after a little while in the process to make sure there is none that's is stuck to the side of the pan.
3. When is done it'll look curdy and water just transfer it to the food processor and pulse it a little.

I still need to change stuff around. I am currently sick and cannot taste that great. It taste pretty good but I think that there is still a lot more room for improvement. For some reason my Kaya is creamy looking/texture and if I'm not right is a little too eggy for my taste. I need to see what I can change or maybe google and see what other recipe out there. The weird thing is I didn't even use pandan leaves in my kaya but then it came out light green. From what I can taste so far is not that bad. I'll have to give my verdict once I feel much much better.

p/s: Actually this is my second attempt of making homemade Kaya. I forgot to blog my first attempt. It was not bad the first attempt but it took too long to stir it on the stove..Oh well..will try again until I find the perfect one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin