Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010 Shopping

Today is Memorial Day and many people get today off hence is a 3 days weekend. 

               Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.[1]Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War), it was expanded after World War I to honor dead Americans from all wars. (Adapted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day)

I happened to have Saturday off but had to work on Sunday and so happen my off day falls on Memorial Day hence I have today off too. I was telling hub and everyone else I'm not off because I have the day off since is Memorial Day but because is my day off!

Anyway I got up at 7am as usual (I'm not sure why but lately I've been getting up at the latest 7:30am doesn't matter what time I go to bed) and played with the dogs a little before I got myself up of bed and cleaned up. I suddenly had the urge to buy something for because I've not really gotten anything since my birthday (which I've not blogged about because I forgot and its been 6 months ago!) 

I woke the hubby up at about 8am and told him that I was hungry :p and I wanted to go be at the mall before it got crowded.  I got ready and made him and I some breakfast got the dogs ready and then we ate. After that we cleaned up and got dressed to go to the mall. We reached the mall a little after 10 am and I knew which store I wanted to visit. we walked in Neiman Marcus a little bit but I didn't find anything I wanted and headed to the store.




Memorial Day shopping damage done!The Speedy 30 with Strap in fresh Monogram Idylle. I saw this bag a few months ago and have been thinking on looking at it but figure since I already have the Monogram Canvas Speedy 25 I don't want to get a similar one but hubby really like this one plus I do not have any of the Idylle collection so we decided on this one. I was thinking of getting it in Fusain but hubby and the Sales Associate thinks that this is a nice color. I'm happy :) but a hole in my wallet!:P...

We barely walked around the mall and left early because there was nothing else I actually wanted to look at. I should tell the hub that this is our Anniversary present from him to me since I gave him an ipod on our Anniversary.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin