Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet soft buns

I've been using this recipe to make bun/bread for more than a year now. I first discovered this recipe last year when my mom was here and I would sometimes make raisin/cinnamon raisin bread. My mom does not eat cinnamon but she likes raisin bread and all raisin bread in the store has cinnamon so since I know how to make bread might as well I make my own bread for her. At least I know is healthy and with no preservative. I was thinking of using this method but I am not always successful with this method and I don't always get a perfect loaf hence I decided to find another method. This recipes has NOT disappointed me so far even after many attempts on making it. It is super soft and yummy!!They usually soft for days but of course is the best when is fresh out of the oven :)




After one hour of proofing


check for doneness :)



Recipe adapted from here


Water Roux
Bread Flour                 50g
Boiling water                75g
Bread Dough

Active Dry East           6gm

Bread Flour                160gm
Plain Flour                  40gm  (I used white wheat flour)
2. In a mixer fitted with a bread hook, add flour, yeast, sugar, egg and water. Start mixing at slow speed for  2 mins. Add salt and continue to knead until dough lifts from the wall of the mixing bowl. 
Sugar                          50gm
Salt                             2gm
Water                         50gm
Egg                             1
Butter                          40gm
Method :
1. Mix water roux ingredients together in a bowl. Cover bowl with cling wrap and store in fridge for 12 hours.
2. I put all the ingredients (Wet ingredients first) in my bread maker and I let it knead the dough (two cycle) until it reach the window pane stage. Dough is quite sticky. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Add (1) and continue to knead for 3 mins. (I am using Kitchenaide speed 2)
4. Add butter and increasing kneading speed to speed 4.
5. Continue kneading for 15 mins on speed 4 until dough is no longer sticky and does not break when pulled to perform window test. 
6. Place dough in a slightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap and leave to proof in a warm area for 45mins.
7. With lightly floured hands and table top, knead (6) to form a smooth round ball. Divide dough into 12 balls – about 40g each.
8. Roll each small ball into a round ball and leave to proof for 10mins.
9. Flatten each ball and roll out to a circle with a rolling pin. 
10. Leave to proof for 1 hour. 
11. Brush with egg white and decorate.
12. Bake at 185C for 8-10mins until brown.
13. Leave to cool.


Second proofing

I made cinnamon rolls and butter buns using this sweet dough recipe.  Filling for cinnamon roll is here and for the butter buns I just cut the butter in about a tsp each wrap the bread dough around it. My little guy inhaled the butter buns when it first came out! lol..For the cinnamon rolls, instead of pouring caramel on them I just made some icing with powdered sugar, milk and vanilla essence.



 Freshly baked buns/rolls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin