Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Caramel Rolls

When hubby was young MIL always made Caramel Rolls and he used to ask me to make that for him. The other day I asked him and FIL what do they like to eat better Caramel Rolls or Cinnamon Rolls and they both said Caramel Rolls. Since I'm not working and I want to try Caramel Rolls I made some...
To safe me the hassle I just dump everything in my bread machine to mix the flour up.


The flour rising
It rose so much that it opened up my bread machine cover
Cut up to be put in open
Finish product with caramel icing..yummy...
Caramel Rolls

2 cups warm water (not hot) -I used Milk
2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast (2 T bulk)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons butter (let sit out until soft)
1 egg
6 1/2 cups flour
cinnamon-sugar mixture

Topping
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons water

Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes.

Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.

Add egg and butter and mix.

Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore.

Let raise until dough is double in size.

Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.

Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.

Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.

Cut into 1 inch pieces. (I used thread to cut it to eliminate the mess of using a knife)

Should be 18 pieces.

Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.

Stir in 3 T water.

Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).

Place 6 pieces in each pan.

Let raise for about 45 minutes.

Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.

When you take out of oven, turn each pan of rolls over on a plate, otherwise you will have a hard time getting them out when they cool.

If you can, let them cool slightly and enjoy them when they are still warm.

I love both Cinnamon an Caramel rolls..Caramel rolls is much sweater than Cinnamon once I think and if my mum would see the amount of sugar in the Caramel rolls I think she would faint.LOL Hubby said I'm trying to kill him because I make all these rolls and he really loves it therefore he's going to be fatter and die sooner..opss...I guess that's why I try and distribute food that I bake so that he don't get to eat so much of it..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin