Monday, December 24, 2007

Yogurt Cupcakes

When I go to the grocery store I have a list that I try to stick to it. Hubby and me sometimes go a insane buying stuff hence we have two refrigerator and a freezer. At time when I walk pass the yogurt isle I'll tell myself I want to be healthy and eat yogurt everyday hence we will be greedy and stock up on it. We stocked up on it and do not have the cravings to eat them and it would be a waste to just throw them away.

Since we had to attend two Christmas party over the weekend I decided to make some yogurt cake and also for the very first time use my
Wilton decoration kit that I bought over the summer. Sorry I should say tried to use the decoration kit.

Yogurt Cake

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar (I used 1/4 C of white and 1/4 C of brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup plain yogurt (I used 11/2C of peach yogurt)

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the yogurt. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown comes out clean.


p/s: I changed this recipe because I didn't want my cupcakes to be too sweet and I was going to put icing on top because my icing was not stiff enough it didn't look pretty :(




We attended two Christmas party has weekend. Saturday was FIL's side and Sunday was MIL's side and therefore I made a batch to take over for both days because I don't want any left overs but yet we still have. We (MIL, FIL, Hubby etc) talked about not getting presents for each other this year so I am not stress about any presents at all this year *yippie* but I decided I'll just bake some stuff as a present and since BIL like the Caramel Apple Bread I told hubby that I'll make that for him as a Christmas present. I haven't decided what I'll make for the in laws. I am thinking of making a Cinnamon raisin bread but have not decided still.

Hubby's cousin..She's 4 years old and she's adorable..Elisa was wearing her jeans and sweater but when I went down the basement to look for her she was just sitting prettily on the couch wearing her snow white dress.

5 comments:

Leena said...

you're sure good at bakin eh.
elisa is so adorable in her snow white dress, so is that you carryin her??

Sunshine said...

I "try" to bake..everything is kind off new to me...I enjoy it though...Yeah I'm carrying elisa..she wanted to be carried..if not was going to take a pict of her whole dress..

Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZMM said...

What did you sprinkle ontop of he cupcakes?

Elisa looks nice in the snow white dress. :)

Sunshine said...

ZMM it's actually called crystal decoration but I think it's just colored sugar.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin