After Jakob's 1st birthday last Sunday we decided to stop by the apple orchard to get some apples. We bought a peck of normal apples and one whole box of cooking apples(I don't think they are called cooking apples but I'm going to be using it for cooking that's why). The cooking apples are much smaller and supposedly second grade. I'm going to be using it for cooking and for Stanley to it because Stanley just LOVES apples. He is weird in that way. From what I've heard dogs do not like to eat fruits and vegetables but Stanley will it almost every fruits and vegetables known to man kind. Anyway because we have a box of cooking apples I decided to use some up to bake. I've made this before but that was like two and the half years ago. A and BIL(the second one) likes it therefore since A will be seeing his brother this Saturday I decided to make some so that he can pass it to him. BIL's girlfriend doesn't cook. Supposedly she's afraid the the stove will catch on fire (we/they have electrical stove by the way) therefore I think BIL does the cooking and I think they rarely/don't bake at all.
Caramel Apple Bread
1 1/2 cups flour, divided
1/2 cup room temperature butter
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 apples, cored,peeled and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350° and grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Unwrap caramels and with a scissors, cut each one into 8 small pieces.
- Toss caramels with 1 tablespoon of the flour in a small bowl to keep them from sticking together; set aside.
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each.
- In another bowl, stir together remaining flour, cinnamon allspice and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and blend well.
- By hand, stir in apples and caramel mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
Before going into the oven
Done baking/cooling down