Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ever since I had a sample of Ikea's oat meal chocolate cookie (I'm not sure what it is called but I ate it and it taste like that) I've been wanting some oatmeal cookies. So after A left for school I decided to try to make some..


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Whisk together and set aside

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon kosher salt

Cream wet ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

Then stir in

3 cups oats (not instant)

1 1/2 cups raisins


Preheat oven to 350°.


Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.


Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.


To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.


Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.


(Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.


Fill cookie scoop with dough.


(Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.


Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.


Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.


Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.


p/s: I halved my dough; half of it I added raisins and the other half I caramel chocolate chips.

Dough and Chocolate Chips



Done..:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin