Sunday, January 16, 2011

Asian Style Spaghetti

Yesterday I was craving for some stir fry noodles but after work hubs and I decided to roam around Ikea after I got done working; so I didn't know what time we would be back and did not defrost any meat. We got back from Ikea about 4:30pm and I had no idea what to cook for dinner. 


Later in the evening I just decided to have a can of soup with some crackers. A can of soup and stir fry noodles are nothing alike! I decided that today after work I would come home and stir fry some noodles for dinner. 


I was not sure what kind of noodles I wanted to stir fry or how I was going to cook my noodles. After eating my Curry Noodles for a few meals straight I was highly heaty and my mom suggested that I stay away from fried and spicy food.  So I figured I would cook something simple. 





I defrosted the rest of the char siew that I made a few weeks ago and soak some of the green vegetables that I had in the fridge. I was boiling some water to blanch or cook some noodles quick and could not decide what noodles I wanted to cook and finally decided on spaghetti noodles



Ingredients
Spaghetti Noodles
Char Siew (Sliced)
Green Mustard/green vegetables (cleaned and cut)
6 Cloves of garlic -chopped
3-4 TBSP home made Chili oil or store bought

Method
1. Cook spaghetti according to the direction on the package
2. Heat wok and spoon a chili oil into hot wok.
3. Pour chopped garlic in and stir fry till fragrant.
4. (Since my meat is already cooked) I added vegetables in first followed by my meat.
5. Pour the rest of the char siew sauce in.
6. When the vegetables/meat is almost done cooking add in the cooked noodles and stir fry until is well mixed.
7. Seasoned with salt and pepper if needed.







My asian style spaghetti turned out to be awesome and really simple. The right amount of spiciness from the chili oil. I know that if my mom knew I made this she would grumble at me since she knows that I'm extremely heaty now but I am really craving for something spicy in this cool weather.  I will definitely make this again maybe with not so much char siew sauce of add my own seasoning because the sauce was on the sweet side with the char siew sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin