Friday, September 7, 2012

Mushroom and Shrimp Aglio Olio

I made this yesterday.. So this post is actually a new post!! Lol I am hoping if I actually hit the publish button I will be more motivated to start posting or actually finish all my other saved entries. I just don't get much opportunity to sit down in front of my Mac to write proper entry. I know I have a smart phone but blogging is just not the same when you are blogging from the phone!

Anyway back to Aglio Olio...I've been wanting to make this dish since my friend told me about it. She told me about this dish way before I was pregnant and now my baby is almost 15months so go figure..I've been craving for pasta these two days (cause my cousin mention she was going to make pasta for dinner and after that it was good etc..)I was thinking of making shrimp scampi but I decided that I needed to make something quick and simple. My toddler skipped his afternoon nap( semi cranky toddler) and I had to clean the floor before I could make this because we have an invasion on raspberry ants!!  By the time I was done prepping, cooking and eating I was behind schedule. I wanted to put him to bed earlier but that didn't happen and thankfully  after I showered him hub was able to put him to bed while I took my shower.

Anyway.. My only regret is I didn't make this earlier!!! I really like it. It actually reminds me of a quick stir fry asian noodle probably because of the chili padi! Lol




Ingredients

6-10 cleaned shelled shrimp
8-10 cloves of chopped garlic
1 cup of sliced mushroom
Salt and Pepper
2-3 chili padi ( bird's eye chili) chopped/ red pepper flakes
A few table spoon of cream or milk or water from cooking the pasta
1/3-1/4 cup Olive oil
One serving of pasta cooked in boiling salt water till al dente
Handful of fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Parsley

Method
1) Cook pasta according to direction till al dente
2) Heat pan (I used my cast iron pan) and add olive oil followed by garlic and chili padi
3) Slightly sautée the garlic and chili then add mushroom. Cook till water evaporate from the mushroom.
4) Add shrimp and give it a quick stir. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Drain cooked pasta and add it to the mixture. Drizzle a few tables spoon of cream/milk/ water from the pasta to the pasta while mixing them up with the rest.
6) Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.

I love this dish so much I already thaw out the shrimp to make another batch tonight for dinner!! I love anything spicy!! I'm sure it will taste as good if I just used crush pepper. My only problem was I added slightly more olive oil so it was slightly more oily than I would like..Oh well cooking is usually about trail and error..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin