Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yogurt Bread

I normally try not to use the oven in Summer because the weather is already warm enough therefore I don't need to turn on the oven to warm the house even more. The weather is so hot that our air conditioner is running none stop. I've been wanting to try making another bread after my attempt here but have not gotten the opportunity to do so. So today after coming home from doing my groceries at the Asian grocery store I decided to try making a loaf of bread (I've been itching to use my bread machine)and also use up some of the yogurt I have in my refrigerator.


Yogurt Bread adapted from here

Ingredients
250g bread flour
100g yogurt
60g fresh milk
25g egg
20g sugar
3g salt
30g margarine
3g dry yeast


Method

1. Put the ingredients in the bread machine according to the order , first the liquids and lastly the instant yeast.

2.When dough is proven , remove from bowl of bread machine and press out the gas produced during the proof.

3. Divide it into 2 portions.

4. Round up and let rest for about 20 minutes.

5. Grease 2 loaf pans.

6. Roll each dough out and roll up. Place 2 rolls into a loaf pan.

7. Let the dough rise up to double.

8. Brush with egg wash or milk.

9. Bake in a preheated 350f oven for about 35 - 40 minutes.

This is the first time I actually made a bread using metric measurements. I always like to use American measurements because is more convenient for me but when I saw this recipe I thought I had to try it so I took my scale out and brave it. I am actually glad I tried it because it was actually cotton smooth almost like the Hokkaido Bread but not as soft as Hokkaido Bread yet very close. One of the ingredient for Hokkaido Bread is whipping cream and I don't always have whipping cream at home but I do have yogurt at home most of the time therefore I'm glad I found this recipe so that I can still make a yummy bread with the ingredients I already have on hand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin