Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Menu

This year we will be our very first Thanksgiving in Houston. This is also the first year in hubby’s life that he’s not able to go deer hunting at all. I know he’s pretty sad about it but I hope that he’ll be alright eventually. I think he just miss hanging out with the guys ie FIL and BIL during those times.

We/I have a lot to be thankful for this year and because hubby cannot go deer hunting this year and will be celebrating thanksgiving (although ever since we’ve been together he normally skips that weekend and spend thanksgiving with me anyway) I’ve decided to try and make a yummy meal for him and our guests (SIL and her hubby).

Menu for Thanksgiving dinner:
Roast Turkey
Green Bean Casserole
Scallop Cheesy Potato
Cherry Pie - Done
Pumpkin Roll
Dinner Roll

*Everything is made from scratch except the Green Bean Casserole.

I'm trying to make as many things as I can in advance so that it'll not be so hectic on thanksgiving day. I can just make the turkey and the side dishes and not have to worry about so many different food I have to make on the actual day. So far I’ve made the Cherry Pie which for some reason the Pie Crust didn’t really work out this time however I still used what I could.

I’ve seen pumpkin rolls recipe here and there before and didn’t think of trying it because hubby never mentioned about it before then I was talking to Y and she said that she was going to make pumpkin rolls for her thanksgiving meal and is suppose to taste wonderful. I am not sure it’ll work out for me this first time but I just had to try it since it sounded so divine. I’m in the process of making the pumpkin roll so fingers cross that I don’t screw up quite that bad.

I wonder what else I should add?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin