- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg (can be substituted with 50ml of milk or water; substitute egg with water works fine)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons water (I skipped this step because there was water in my bananas when I defrost mine from the freezer)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar ( I used brown sugar)
- 100g (2/3 cup to close to 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Steam the cake on a rack for 15 to 18 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the steamer and let the cake cool for a few minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the cake and pop the cake out of the bowl. Here you are, a warm and fragrant cake ready in less than 25 minutes. You may add some chocolate chips if you prefer.
* No picture taken as you can get them from Chow time's website.
I'm glad I found a yummy and healthy banana cake. Hopefully hubby would like it so that I can keep making this yummy and simple dish.