Friday, February 27, 2009

Steamed Banana Cake

Every time when we buy bananas that has ripen and we've not manage to finish them I'll peel the skin and freeze the bananas in the fridge to use when I have the mood of time to make banana cake. While blog hopping I've read that many people have actually tried Chow Times steam banana cake and since I've been craving for banana cake but is too lazy to bake, have frozen bananas hence I decided to try this recipe. It is absolutely yummy and I would make it again. I am not sure if hubby would like the banana cake because sometimes when I think he would like things I make but then he doesn't and like wise. He's been surprising me lately with food that I think he would not like but absolutely love them.

Ingredients

  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 egg (can be substituted with 50ml of milk or water; substitute egg with water works fine)
  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 2 teaspoons water (I skipped this step because there was water in my bananas when I defrost mine from the freezer)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 cup icing sugar ( I used brown sugar)
  • 100g (2/3 cup to close to 1 cup) all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or raisins, optional
Method
  • Place all ingredients in a bowl.
  • Mix well with a fork.
  • Bring a pot of water to a boil. Steam the cake on a rack for 15 to 18 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • Remove from the steamer and let the cake cool for a few minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the cake and pop the cake out of the bowl. Here you are, a warm and fragrant cake ready in less than 25 minutes. You may add some chocolate chips if you prefer.

* No picture taken as you can get them from Chow time's website.

I'm glad I found a yummy and healthy banana cake. Hopefully hubby would like it so that I can keep making this yummy and simple dish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin