Friday, February 27, 2009

Raisin Bran Muffins

I have this really bad habit I would buy food that I have craving for and think I would finish it. I am not those kind of person that likes to waste food so I will always find a way to use the food that's sitting there. I bought Raisin Bran a couple of months ago because I wanted to have it for breakfast but that only lasted two morning. I didn't touch it anymore so I decided to make something with it before it goes bad.

SideTop

Raisin Bran Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of Raisin Bran
  • 1 cup yogurt/buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup apple sauce/oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 C of Whole Wheat Flour and 1/2 C of all purpose flour)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Honey(Optional)
  • Quaker Oats (Optional)
Method
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Mix together Raisin Bran and yogurt; let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Beat together apple sauce, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture, until just blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle oats on top.
4. Drizzle honey on top of muffin when they come out of oven.


I didn't think that hubby would like this because he's not really a big fan of muffins but then he said it was good. The reason why I made this is because I wanted to use up some of the ingredients that I have sitting in my house and also I wanted to find some healthy recipes so that hubby could have for breakfast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin