Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Potato Roasted Chicken

I was blog hopping one day and I came across Christine's Recipe I knew that I'm going to have to make this soon (it was summer) when the weather cools down. It was suppose to cool down yesterday so I decided to make this dish. I went to the store at noon yesterday to go get a chicken so I can make this dish for dinner. Hubby also bought a bunch of very huge baking potatoes a couple of weeks ago so is a good thing that I can use some of those potatoes up. Hop over to Christine's blog if you want the step by step on how to prepare this dish.



Ingredients:
1 bird Chicken
1 1/2 tablespoon Coarse Salt or Sea Salt
A good shake of Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon of Rosemary
1 teaspoon of Thyme
5 cloves Garlic
50gm Butter(I used 2.5tablespoon)
2 tablespoon Olive Oil

Potatoes
3pcs Potato
5 cloves Garlic
A good pinch of Fine Salt
Method
  1. Rub coarse salt or sea salt all over inside & outside of the chicken, give a good pinch of ground black pepper all over inside & outside of the chicken. Keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
  2. Preheat oven at 180c. Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge, again rub all over with rosemary & thyme. Stuff garlic into the chicken.
  3. Place the chicken in the oven proof glass tray & pour olive oil all over the chicken. Place the chicken into the oven & roast for 15 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into 1cm in thickness. Fill the cooking pan with enough water, place the potato & garlic into the pan, boil it with high heat. When it's start boiling, boil for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain off the water & leave aside.
  5. After 15 minutes later, open up the oven door & place the butter on the chicken. Roast until the chicken becomes golden brown in colour, this process take about 25 to 30 minutes.
  6. When the chicken has become golden brown in colour, remove the glass tray from the oven. Turn the entire chicken upside down & place the potatoes all over the glass tray. Again place the glass tray back to the oven & roast until the chicken become golden brown in color.

This is a really yummy dish..Hubby gave two thumbs up and he loves the potatoes. Since when I cook I don't usually measure my ingredients to the T my chicken was a little too salty and a little spicy from the black pepper but if you eat it with the potatoes it was just right.

Another reason why I made this dish is because I wanted some left over chicken so that I can make some chicken enchiladas for dinner sometime this week for dinner. I would make this dish again because hubs really love this dish. I love the garlicky taste in the potatoes even though we have garlic in the chicken you can really taste the garlic and the garlic is still crunchy. I prefer the softer garlic that was boiled with the potatoes. I will put more garlic with my potatoes next time just because I'm a garlic lover!

4 comments:

2crazydogs said...

Looks good and easy enough. If hubs comes back for Thanksgiving, then I will make this since it's a small chicken.

Sunshine said...

Dawn your hubs is going back for thanksgiving? I would assume you would be coming down. How long will your hub be back this time?

2crazydogs said...

I'm not sure if he is even coming back. It's still up in the air. He should if not I will be all alone in MN and he is with his family....not fair! :) I don't think I will be going down to TX coz then I have find someone to sit the dogs or find cash to board them.

Sunshine said...

I understand being alone too..but if he flies home for thanksgiving wouldn't it be expensive too coz ticket that time expensive right? and then he'll have to fly back down here too. I forgot that you still need to board the boys if you leave..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin