Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Super Soft Milk Bread

I have a ton of white eggs from trying to make breads from the last couple of days. The first time I tried custard bun which turned out pretty good but I kind off burnt the bottom of it so it was pretty hard (I will have to try again). Then yesterday I tried to make sweet potato bread everything turned out awesome but when I made the sweet potato filling I used bad milk hence my filling was bad. I had to throw away the whole pan of sweet potato bun.

I figured I should give up making breads already since I've made two failed bread the past two day but I decided to give bread another try to use up my egg whites.



Recipe adapted from My Home Kitchen:

Ingredients:
Bread flour 300g
Instant Yeast 3g
Castor sugar 45g
Salt 3g
Milk powder 4.5g
Fresh milk 138g
Egg whites 65g
Unsalted butter 30g


Method:
1. Use your usual kneading for bread. Make sure you knead your dough till smooth and elastic (window pane stage).
2. Cover and proof for 1 hour.
3. Divide into 3 portions. Round up the doughs and rest for about 10 minutes.
4. Roll into Swiss roll style once. Rest the doughs for a further 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the 3 rolls and roll into Swiss roll style one more time.
6. Put the rolled doughs into you Pullman's tin and let it rise till 90%. (within 2 hours)
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes.
8. Unmold immediately. Let it cool off completely before slicing.

Note:
I used my bread machine to knead for 30 minutes. I feel my bread dough usually don't reach window pane stage even after 30 minutes of kneading. So, I'll take out the dough and hand knead it. I'll also adopt the "throw & bang" method. I find this method works very effective than hand knead alone! Guess what I "throw & bang" and count to hundreds!

This bread turned out really well. It came out super soft and yummy and since I didn't have the pullman tin pan I decided to use two pyrex to try and make a square bread. I accidentally used 45grams of milk powder instead of 4.5grams but the bread still turned out really good. The first time when I took the bread out it was under cook and I had to put it back in the oven but the second time when I took it out it and try the bread to find it super good. The shape of my bread is out of whack because it was stuck to the pan. I need to remember to grease my pan next time so that it'll be easier for me to take the bread out. I will make this again and again as I think this will be a good sandwich bread providing that I don't mess up the shape of the bread and after greasing the pan hopefully the bread will come out easier.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin