Saturday, November 21, 2009

Orange Cupcakes

When I made my condensed milk pound cake Uncle Richie didn't come over that evening so I didn't give him any. He would not let me go because he didn't get any..LOL..so when hubby flew back up North to visit his family I send home some banana bread and condensed milk pound cake with him. I told him to leave it there when he comes home so that they can eat it instead. When hubby got home I asked if he left everything there which he told me he left the banana bread there but he took home the pound cake with him. I asked him why didn't he leave the pound cake there to which he replied that it was his! Although the pound cake was a little dense and was not as soft and fluffy as it was suppose to be but he still loves it to bits so he didn't want to leave it at his parents.

Anyway I told Uncle Richie that hubby refused to leave the pound cake there opss...and he kept going on and on about how he didn't get any..lol..so I quickly went to my kitchen and see what I had. I found two oranges which hubby bought and didn't eat and remembered that I saw a recipe for these cupcakes and decided to use up hubby's oranges.



Orange Cupcake recipe adapted here

Ingredients

120g softened unsalted butter
135g caster sugar
185g self raising flour
125ml orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

3 tbsp grated orange zest
shredded orange zest to decorate


Method
Preheat oven to 180deg C/350deg F
Put all ingredients except orange zest in a bowl with electric mxier on low speed for 2 min.
Then increase speed for another 2 min until smooth and pale.
Add orange zest. Stir briefly.
Divide mixture into muffin cups and bake for 20 min or till golden brown.
Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.

To make icing, simply beat 60g of softened butter using electric beater till pale. Then add in 60g of icing sugar and 1 tbsp orange juice.

Spread over the muffin when muffins are cooled, and decorate with more zest on top if desired.

* I had some whipped cream that I whipped when I had extra heavy cream. I thaw my whipped cream and add some orange juice to it for my frosting.



The cupcakes were a little dense like my pound cake. I think I over mixed my flour again! Next time I will just use a spatula and mix it. However this recipe is a keeper and is also so simple to make. Uncle Richie gave this two thumbs up! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin