Saturday, November 7, 2009

A very simple meal

This week the hubs and I have been eating out almost every single meal (the hubs more than me because he is out working). If we eat out at night I will surely have left overs so I would normally eat it the next day hence I've not been cooking almost all week!Hence I'm super scared of eating out.

Today hubs had to go in to work for a little while and I decided to follow him so that we can go out after that. We went to the mall after work just to walk around and hubs was hungry so we ate out again!(I just had a corn dog). Later in the evening hub asked if I wanted to eat anything and I told him that I didn't want to eat out anymore and that I wanted to go home and eat what ever that's home. Eating out so many meals can be quite costly too even though it is normally just the two of us.

I knew that I had some leftover rice in the refrigerator so I just needed to whip up something quick because I was getting hungry. Hubby wanted to have frozen pizza and I didn't want any part of that too. The last trip my parents came they brought over a few cans of chili tuna and a can of chili salmon. I rummage through my pantry quick and found the can of chili salmon. I decided to warm that up and fry some egg with onions to complete my dinner.

I can say that my dinner was really yummylicious. Although it was so simple and quick I was really satisfied and really happy with my dinner (that's how sick I am with eating out!). Sometimes we don't have to slave in the kitchen but still can whip up a decent edible meal. I love cooking elaborate meals but I love even more to just have a meal in front of you without the hassle.

2 comments:

2crazydogs said...

I bought home a bunch of these canned tuna too. I used them for my sandwiches for work. I like the curry and chilie ones, but not so much of the mayo ones. But I do add cayenne to spice it up.

Sunshine said...

I'm not a fan of bread so I normally have mine with rice or noodle sometimes crackers. I should try adding cayenne too...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin