Chicken Noodle Soup
2.5 cups of chopped celery
2.5 cups of chopped carrots
1 big onion chopped
2.5 cups of shredded chicken
2.5 cups of egg noodles
Salt to taste
1. Put vegetables in the pot with the chicken broth. Boil for about 2-3 hours.
2. Add shredded chicken. Boil for another hour
3. Taste the broth to see if it's tasty enough if not add salt or more chicken seasoning
4. Add egg noodles and turn off stove. Let it sit till noodles are cooked
I wanted to have dinner rolls like you get at the restaurant while waiting for your food. I wasn't sure if people ate their chicken noodle soup with dinner rolls. I asked hubby and he said make what I want. I didn't know whether it would go with the soup and I was contemplating for a little bit but I figure what the heck if it doesn't pair it doesn't but I wanted to eat some so I took my trusty bread maker and started dumping the ingredients inside to make the dough.
Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
2.5 cups warm milk
1 cup of quick- cooking oats
3 tbsp butter
4 cups of all purpose flour (I mixed it with bread flour)
1.5 tsp salt
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1. Put everything in your bread maker according to your manufacturer's direction. Press dough mode/button.
2. When it's done take it out of the bread maker and knead it a little.
3. Grease the pan with butter. Roll your dough into balls (I wanted mine a little different I took my rolling pin out and rolled my dough and cut it square/strips).
4. Cover and let it rise in a warm place/free from drafts for about 30 minutes or double in size.
5. Baked for 15-20 minutes of until done. When done spread some butter on top.
At first I thought I messed up the recipe because the original recipe was to actually knead the dough by hand etc but I didn't want to deal with it so I alter it. The dough didn't look like it was rising and after I put it in the over for it to rise the second time it didn't really rise and it was not double in size. I thought I messed up the roll and was getting disappointed so I figured I will just bake it. No harm done if it's already messed up I cannot imagine I'm able to mess it up more. I baked it and after 10 minutes it didn't look like anything was happening. I was starting to swear silently but decided to leave it in the over for another 5 minutes. It looked like it rose a little and the bottom was getting brown so I decided to spread some butter on top then take it out. I spread butter on a piece tried it while waiting for hubby to come out just in case it was horrible and I had time to discard it but to find out it tasted really good just like the once at the restaurant. I was then beaming with pride. Hubby then tried it and really liked it..*phew* it's important to me that he likes it because he will eat most of it and the reason why I make stuff from scratch it mostly because of him..A grandma once tell me a key to a man's heart is home cook food *wink*..