Sunday, February 10, 2008

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

We went up to the cabin this past weekend. When I got home I was really tired from the trip and from the lack of sleep. On our way home we had to stop by the grocery store to get some milk and other necessity. It was so cold outside that all I wanted to go was go home and also because I had a ton of things to do when I get home (was planning on doing it anyway). After some of the chores was done I took a bath and was just browsing the web and suddenly thought of making some muffins so that I take it to work for breakfast. I used to eat breakfast before I go to work but to try and get to work early so I can get a good parking spot I decided to just eat breakfast at my desk therefore not only do I have to think of what to bring/cook for lunch I think breakfast too.

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup chocolate chips plus some to sprinkle on the muffin

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup cocoa, sifted if lumpy

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg

1 cup milk

1/3 cup cooking oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

Method
Combine all-purpose flour, chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Create a well in the center. Beat egg in a small bowl. Add milk, cooking oil, and vanilla. Stir and pour into well. Stir until just moistened. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Fill cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle a little more chocolate chips.Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 15-18 minutes until golden.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin