Thursday, December 11, 2008

Key Lime Cheese Cake

Last Saturday I was going to the store to buy one lime for the fajitas we were planning to make but then I don't think I saw ONE lime for sale so I bought a whole bag of lime. It was not that expensive and hubby said that if we managed to use half of it and the rest go bad it would not be that bad. Aiks with the current economy of course we need to save more and not waste any food right. I told him that I would squeeze the lime one by one and put it in the fridge before it goes bad so that we can always use it. Anyway with all the lime I have I decided to see what I can make with it. I googled and found Key Lime Pie. I didn't think that I was a Key Lime Pie fan (although I've never had it) and then I remembered seeing Key Lime Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory and I have been having cravings for cheesecake. I was going to bug hubby and uncle Richie(See which one would take me there first) to take me to The Cheesecake Factory but I was thinking I should probably try baking a cheesecake myself and if I'm still not satisfied then I can bug them. Anyway I made a Key Lime Cheesecake. I took a small bite from scooping it out for Uncle Richie because I was having dinner at that time. I got too full after eating dinner because I cooked up a storm yesterday too so I am going to attempt to eat it later. Hubby said that I should quickly eat it before uncle Richie comes back over tonight to finish it. Uncle Richie loved it so much that he took about half home. He said that as long as I keep baking this for him he's a happy camper and mind you he's supposed to be on Atkins diet I didn't think that he would take a huge slice home but as long as someone enjoys it I don't really care.



Key Lime Cheesecake

Ingredients:
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. grated lime peel
1/4-1/3 cup of fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Method
PREHEAT
oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar, peel, juice and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended.

POUR into crust.

BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.


p/s: I omitted the whipped topping because I didn't have any and to save some calories and I decorated my cheesecake with grated lime peel. I think I might have put too much lime so it's a little sour for my taste. Adjust the lime accordingly to suit your taste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin