Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tuesday Night Dinner

I could not think of what to make and I've been having cravings for Alfredo for the longest time. The reason why I haven't had it is because I am still trying to refrain myself from seafood after the surgery. So since hubby wanted to have chicken that night I decided to make Alfredo (although he doesn't care much for it but will still eat it). I could have just used the store bought Spaghetti noodles but then I've been wanting to try and find a healthier alternative to just the store bought noodles. I know they have whole wheat once out there too but I just never looked for it or haven't seen it at the store that I normally go too. So yesterday I decided to make homemade carrot whole wheat noodles. I'm still trying to play with the ingredients because I don't know how much whole wheat flour I can use without making it dry etc...I'm pretty happy with the first trial but I just want to make the ratio of whole wheat flour more than what I used yesterday.

It doesn't look orange because I coated it with loads of flour so it doesn't stick to each other.


At night I sliced some chicken and marinate it with some Cajun seasoning. The I used some butter in the pan to cook the chicken. At the same time I just cooked the simple Alfredo sauce.

Ingredients
1/4LB if sweet butter or 1/2 c of light butter or 1/2 c of margarine (butter taste much better)
1C of heavy cream/light cream/half and half/whole milk
3/4c or more of fresh Parmesan cheese(if your sauce looks runny just add Parmesan cheese to thicken it)
Salt
pepper
garlic (optional)

Method
1. Melt butter in a pan.
2. Add chopped garlic and saute until fragrant.
3. Pour cream and stir until slightly boil then add cheese.
4. Season with salt and pepper

Alfredo is not a very healthy sauce but I really love it hence I cannot consume this dish all the time. This is a very simple dish since most of the ingredients is available at home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin