Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blogging from the Cabin…

Sitting in front of the warm fireplace overlooking the lake reading a good book would be relaxing after a long week. We decided to head up to the cabin with FIL, MIL and BIL for the weekend. A’s been wanting to come up here to relax and my only motive was to take Stanley up so that he could run around and play out in the woods since he has never been up here before.
I wasn’t planning to leave work earlier because A didn’t mention anything until he told me that MIL was getting done with work on Friday at 12:30pm..I discussed it with him to whether he wanted me to try and get done with work early on Friday so that it would get too late by the time we got there. We decided that if my boss didn’t have a problem with it then I would go ahead and leave a couple of hours earlier. I went to work earlier on Thursday to speak to my boss and he said that he didn’t have a problem with it but if something came up he hoped that I would be able to stay back and help with it which was fair and I didn’t mind. On Friday for some reason I could not really sleep and got up at 5am by 5:30 am I was like I’m going to get ready and go to work. I’m not going to wait around until my alarm rings! I washed up had breakfast and went into the room to make up and change. A woke up and asked what time it was and what time I got up etc..He said that I was “sick” to get up so early for work!!LOL..I really don’t mind working at this place in fact I love working here. The stuff I do can be pretty boring but the best part is I’m learning new stuff everyday and I really like most people I work with..This is the first time I’m enjoying actually going to work. I was at work by 6:45am and by 2:20pm I was getting ready to leave at 2:30pm when an urgent order came and needed to be looked over that day. My boss asked me to look over it before it was being finalized. I did that I left by 2:45pm and he apologized but I told him that it was fine because we agreed that I would help out if something came up. A and I got home almost the same time. We took our shower, loaded that car and left at about 4pm..He has a lot of last minute things to take when I told him numerous times to pack the beginning of the week so that we can leave when we got back from work but it was alright because FIL and MIL had to wait for BIL to get done with school before they could even leave so we were still earlier than them. We stopped by at some stores mainly because Stanley finally broke him last one and only toy so his daddy wanted to buy him another one. This week alone he cost me about $50 because I had to buy some flea medication for him too..When we get home we are going to get his crate too..Everyone thinks that we spoil him too much now but I think that if we took the responsibility to have him we should give him whatever we can and not deprive him. I don’t understand some people when they have pets, they don’t even take time to spend with them or even buy them any toys or treats. All they do is take feed them and give them a place to stay? What’s the point of that? They need to feel love and they need to be given attention too because they are just like humans I think in a way..Anyway we finally reached the bar that we were going to have dinner and had dinner with FIL, MIL and BIL. We arrived at the cabin at about 8ish..I was reading while the boys. A and BIL was doing their homework. I was beat after the long day and proceed to go to be at about midnight.
My faithful little companion heard people walking around and started to whine to get out of the kennel at about 8ish…Daddy got up and took him up while I lay in bed for 10 more minutes…FIL made breakfast and I helped to cut some vegetables. After breakfast FIL and BIL was going partridge hunting and MIL went with them. A was watching a movie for school while I read my book and ate junk food…We decided to go for a bike ride in the evening and I felt like shit on our way back. I hate those gravel roads..It was really difficult for me to ride on it and I felt like I was not getting back. All I wanted to do was push my bike back and walk the rest of the way. I am pretty sure that I’m not totally out of stamina it was just that the roads really sucked ass..This would be my first and last time biking up here I rather go for a long walk with my little baby..Stanley is just enjoying himself being outdoor and being with everybody. I don’t think he’s going to like the idea that we will be going back tomorrow noon…

2 comments:

Leena said...

you sure love stanley to bits. can imagine you'll be the perfect mom one day.
apart from that bicycle, you sure had a good trip right.

Sunshine said...

hahah..Stanley is all I have here..He's like my little sunshine..lol..heheh I hope I'll be a good mom someday too...the trip was alright..relaxing weekend..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin