Monday, September 28, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hubby has been hinting that he wants some chocolate chip cookies all day Sunday. Since I don't really like to bake during the weekend I told hubby that I will bake some for him this coming week (I didn't promise him when so he would hold me accountable for it :P if I didn't make it)



Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
4. Refrigerate cookie dough for about 2 hrs.
5. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
6. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets.


I decided to whip up some cookie dough so that I could bake some cookies just before hubby arrives home from work. I knew that he's going to want to eat some when he gets back from work and true enough he was more willing to skip dinner and just eat cookies.

Although I reduced the sugar from the original recipe I still found the cookies a little too sweet. I am not sure would it be because I used a cup of caramel chocolate chip(I think is much sweeter) and one cut of semi sweet chocolate chip but next time I make it again I think I'm going to need to reduce the sugar a little more if I want to eat some of the cookies myself because I dislike eating too sweet of a cookie.

4 comments:

2crazydogs said...

I used to bake oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies for hub but now, he said no more...his waistline is expanding where he needs to buy new pants! Especially for me, when I eat cookies, one or two is not enough, it has to be at least 5 or more! Sei moh!!

Sunshine said...

My hubby always ask me not to cook all sorts of food too because he said no body; him, his uncle or auntie needs it. But I like to cook and they very wai sek so they have to bare the consequences lor..haha
I've been having one cookie almost every night. That's why I try to make "healthier" cookie so is bad but not that bad..huh..you love to eat cookies too??me just so so

2crazydogs said...

Both hubby and I have terrible sweet tooth. I love the chewy cookies, not the crunchy one - very dry. If I eat the dry ones, my M'sian ways will pop up - dipped them in coffee. Yeah, i try to make healthier cookies and cakes, even reduce the sugar more than I should. By the way, when you cook curry do you use coconut milk or regular skim or 2% milk? I used to put in coconut milk but hubs say his cholestral is sky rocketing, so i changed to skim milk but then the curry doesnt seem to have the santan flavor.

Sunshine said...

I thought that I have sweet tooth too but then the desserts here (my favorite) is too sweet for me.When I go out and eat I eat a bite or two I'm done coz I cannot handle the sweetness. Even when hubs family make dessert is too sweet for me. When I make my own I can handle coz is not that sweet.
When I cook curry I seldom use any milk but I've done it with coconut milk several times. I seldom cook curry though. If you don't cook curry all the time I think is just fine to use coconut milk.People use coconut milk because it fragrant it and makes it lemak tasting but if we sub it with other thing is going to taste different so I learn that when I want to eat I'll make the real thing but don't make too often.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin