Friday, July 25, 2008

Chocolate Cake

Ever since I came down to Houston I've been trying to bake/make goodies(or sweets) once a week because I know there are more people here that will actually appreciate or try my baking. Last week I made Apple Cake this week I had cravings for something chocolaty so I decided to make chocolate cake. My rule actually was that I don't usually use the oven during summer because it's already so hot therefore I don't want my house to actually heat up more because of the heat from the over but since Uncle Richie Rich requested baking goods one time I decided to make some and give it to him because he's been helping us with a lot of stuff ever since we moved down here. So being the lazy me I decided to make...

One Pan Fudge Cake
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/4 cups of vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cups of apple sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups water/coffee
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In an ungreased 9 x 13 pan- yes UNgreased, sift all dry ingredients.
  3. Add the liquids and stir just until blended.
  4. Bake for 25 minutes.
  5. Frost with your favorite frosting, cake is extremely moist so care must be taken that you don't tear up the top of the cake.
* I was too lazy to make the frosting I just sprinkled some chocolate chip on it so it melts as my icing for the cake
** The reason why I didn't give any credit to the person /the site that I found this recipe was because I changed the recipe to make it low fat/low sugar.
*** This recipe is so easy to make and the ingredients is always readily available at home hence I used this recipe and tweaked it.

Uncle Richie Rich and Aunt L watches what they eat and they tend to work out a lot so I don't want to spoil their fitness plan moreover hubby has been trying to watch his weight too so that's why I decided to change it to make it healthier for them.

Stanley was pretty quiet and good when I was preparing the cake and I was wondering what he was doing so I decided to quietly sneak in to the room and found:


He is sleeping in between my bolster and laptop and is laying on my pillow...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin