Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Homemade Garlic Bread Spread

One of hubby's favorite food is homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce. If I make homemade meatballs (I'm surprise I have not posted the meatballs recipe yet. Will need to remember next time when I make it) I will definitely make the spaghetti sauce all together if I have all the ingredients in the pantry or I will freeze the meatballs. I will sometimes make extra meatballs so when I am making pizza I can slice them up and put it on the pizza too.

Anyway I defrosted our last batch of meatballs and spaghetti sauce the other day for hubby so he can have that for dinner. The only missing for him was garlic bread. Since he was having spaghetti last night I made him some garlic bread with some homemade bread. This garlic spread is so yummy and so easy to make that today I decided to make a jar of it so that we can have some anytime we want some garlic bread.
Homemade bread with my garlic spread

Garlic Spread

Ingredients
1/2-3/4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1-2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (I used about 7cloves of garlic and chopped it real fine)
2 teaspoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
1/3 grated Parmesan cheese/Mozzarella cheese/Cheddar Cheese (you may increase slightly if desired)
1 pinch seasoned salt (or to taste)

Method

1)Mix the above ingredients in a bowl or in a container.
2)Leave garlic in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3) Spread garlic spread on french toast or any bread you are using bake at 350°F-375°F about 15minutes. I try to broil my toast about 2min on low.

*You can make this spread ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator or if you are not going to eat it anytime soon then in the freezer.
** If you are going to make the spread and keep it for later use I strongly suggest using a disposal container or those old margarine/butter container so that you can throw it away after use because the smell from the garlic would stay in the container.


I wanted to eat some garlic bread but I did not feel like eating spaghetti and meatballs like hubby so I took out my homemade spinach noodles and open a Jar of Alfredo sauce to make spaghetti Alfredo. I sliced some of my Ranch Parmesan Chicken to top of my spaghetti. I normally make my own Alfredo sauce but since this is last minute and I didn't have heavy cream I decided to just use my Prego Alfredo sauce which has been in my pantry for ever anyway. For some reason my hubby doesn't care for Alfredo at all so every time when I want to make Alfredo sauce I got to make sure I make something else for the hubs. What to do the hubby so picky then make something else for him I guess.

2 comments:

Beachlover said...

at last I can access your lovely blog!! *wink* Like your blog title!..you so rajin make your own garlic bread? I so lazy so I just get the ready make from Pepperidge farm,taste good plus inexpensive too!

Sunshine said...

Welcome!Welcome!Finally I managed to use this dodo brain and unlock the profile!lol..Ehh you should try making your own garlic bread. Super simple and you make a container of it then you have it all the time!

This few days I so rajin make garlic bread coz I made bread and use that lor.

My used to buy frozen Garlic bread but then always forget to eat then kena freezer burn always throw away so I am sick of buying it already then suddenly the hubby wants to eat so I have to make it myself lor.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin