Anyway I didn't help hubby with the flooring as I was getting hungry so I went and prepare dinner. I've been craving for some curry for a long time but have not made it so Sunday morning I told the hubs that I was going to make Apple Curry Chicken because I had some apples in the refrigerator that I wanted to use it up.
1 whole chicken, cut into cube
1-2 fresh apple, cut into small cube (depending on the size of the apple)
2-Carrot,2-Potato, 1- big onion,2-eggplant (I used my homegrown and one from the store) , cut into cube
1bulb- Garlic (I love garlic!)
2 TBSP curry powder
1-1/2TBSP chili powder
1TBSP turmeric powder
1) Mix the curry powder, chili powder and turmeric powder with water to form into paste.
2) Saute garlic and onion until fragrant, add in meat, carrot and potato.
3) Add water, then add own mix curry paste.
4) Simmer for about 15 minutes
5) Tasted with salt.
6) Add apple and eggplant
5) Cook and simmer for another 15-20mins.
I love this simple to prepare recipe! I might consider using yogurt, milk or coconut milk if I had in on hand instead of water. Even with the amount of chili powder I used hubby was able to eat it but then it was a tad bit spicy/hot for him. I guess that's one of the reasons why he got sick on the same night!