Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend

I've been meaning to blog about food that I've been making these past week but I've just been so busy. Two weeks ago Hubs and I started biking about 7 miles around our neighborhood weekends we would bike about 10 miles. Last Saturday the hubs, Uncle Richie, Aunt L and I biked 13.5 miles and then in the evening the hubs and I biked another 6 miles. Sunday we were planning to go biking again but we decided we should go check out flooring for the first floor of out house. We've been talking about changing the flooring even before we bought this house but we've not done anything. Finally we went to the store and found some tiles and bought a few boxes of tiles, mortar, and what ever needed to install the tiles.

L-Hubby cutting the tile for the corner R-The corner of the living room hub started to work on

We didn't get home until about 3pm hence the hubby wasn't able to work on the flooring a whole lot. If you are wondering people here in Houston usually have tiles/carpet for the flooring. I am not going to go with carpet because we currently have carpet and is just gross plus we have two dogs so is not wise to put carpet on the floor again. We could use hardwood flooring but we are planning to use hardwood flooring for the stairs and upstairs so we are not going to use hardwood flooring downstairs too. I am hoping that once we are completed with the flooring floor cleaning would be easier instead of the gross carpet.

Anyway I didn't help hubby with the flooring as I was getting hungry so I went and prepare dinner. I've been craving for some curry for a long time but have not made it so Sunday morning I told the hubs that I was going to make Apple Curry Chicken because I had some apples in the refrigerator that I wanted to use it up.

Recipe adapted here

Ingredients

1 whole chicken, cut into cube
1-2 fresh apple, cut into small cube (depending on the size of the apple)
2-Carrot,2-Potato, 1- big onion,2-eggplant (I used my homegrown and one from the store) , cut into cube
1bulb- Garlic (I love garlic!)
2 TBSP curry powder
1-1/2TBSP chili powder
1TBSP turmeric powder

Method

1) Mix the curry powder, chili powder and turmeric powder with water to form into paste.

2) Saute garlic and onion until fragrant, add in meat, carrot and potato.

3) Add water, then add own mix curry paste.

4) Simmer for about 15 minutes

5) Tasted with salt.

6) Add apple and eggplant

5) Cook and simmer for another 15-20mins.

I love this simple to prepare recipe! I might consider using yogurt, milk or coconut milk if I had in on hand instead of water. Even with the amount of chili powder I used hubby was able to eat it but then it was a tad bit spicy/hot for him. I guess that's one of the reasons why he got sick on the same night!

2 comments:

mom2ashley said...

my tummy is growling as I read your post!:)

Sunshine said...

LOL :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin