Saturday, August 8, 2009

Milo's Birthday!

Milo is going to be celebrating his 2nd birthday with us this year. This is our first year celebrating his birthday with us and to celebrate his birthday I decided to make him, Stanley and Aunt L's 3 dogs (Gracie, Peanut and Bailey) each a cup cake.



Pooch Birthday Cup Cake

Ingredients
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter (optional)
1/4 cup apple sauce/cooking oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey (optional)
1 egg
Yogurt

Method
1. Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly.
2. Bake in cup cakes mold at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
3. Frost with yogurt.
4. Store in the refrigerator.
My little baby with his cake and candle

According to the vet she estimated that Milo's birthday is around the 5th of August 2007 but since the hubs birthday falls on the 8th of August hubby said just say that his birthday is on the 8th for convenience.

I am thankful that hubby found Milo. I'm thankful that he's with me because he's such a sweetheart (most of the time) and I love him so much. He's just a little baby that wants to be attached to me all the time!He's like my little side kick goes where I go :) (Expect when he's busy play with his kor kor Stanley)

I do feel a little bad because I didn't make a cake for Stanley during his birthday with us the first year but this year and from now on I'll try and make cakes for both of them because is really simple and quick. I will make it up to Stanley some how. Stanley got all the new toys and all the attention when he we first got him so I guess in some where it makes it fair (just so I feel better :p) but anyway they both will get a cake hopefully every year from now on.xoxo

I hope that the dogs liked the cake. They did gobbled up the cake except Milo. He normally takes a really long time to eat anything therefore Stanley "helped" Milo finish half of the cupcake because Milo was taking such a long time and he was just playing with his cupcake.

Mummy and Daddy hoped that you had a great day on your birthday. Mummy will take you to the pet store later this week and pick up something for you. Many happy returns Milo!Mummy, Daddy and Kor Kor Stanley will always love you.muahhhh

p/s: I was going to take a picture of all the dogs with the cupcakes but then except Milo none of the dogs would be able to sit still for a picture in front of the cupcakes.

4 comments:

2crazydogs said...

Wow! Milo can wait that long for you to take a pic? My 3 dogs will be all over the food by the time i snap the pic. you are really creative with your cooking/baking.

Sunshine said...

I was holding Milo at the bottom :) but Milo is pretty good he can wait. Stanley is pretty good too.Stanley is more of a pig though.

You have 3 dogs?What kind of dogs? I wanted to take picture with all 5 dogs but that would never happen with the cupcakes in front of them. It'll be a circus I can imagine it!lol

Thanks for your compliment too *blush blush*

2crazydogs said...

Hahaha, no wonder la, Milo was able to sit still. I have 3 yellow labrador retrievers. They are a handful, spoiled rotten by me and hubs. The 2 older (10 and 9 yo) ones are total pigs, whereas the younger guy (1.5 yo) is not too bad, still has a lot of pup in him. So all he wants is just belly rub! Realy, my next life, I want to be a domestic dog! :)

Oh btw, here is my blog tho i don't update it very often.

http://twocrazydogs.net

Sunshine said...

Your dogs looks so pretty! I cannot believe you can handle all 3 of them without the help of your hubby! Two of them is enough to drive me insane!

My hubby said the same thing too next life he wants to be a domestic dog because all the dogs we know have such great life!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin