Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homemade Dog Biscuits II

I've been wanting to make the dogs some homemade treats for quite sometime now so after my Wilton cookie cutter arrived the other day I decided to make them some treats last night.



Oatmeal carrots cookies
Ingredients
3Cups of whole wheat flour
3Cups of Old fashioned Oatmeal
11/4cups of water
1/4 of carrots
2-3tablespoons of cinnamon
1tablespoon of oil
3 tablespoon of apple sauce
1tablespoon of ground cloves *optional*

Method
1. Heat oven to 325 degree F.
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until combined to form dough.
3. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into shapes. Combine dough scraps; continue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.
4. Place cookies on ungreased foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35minutes.

You can use different vegetables or apples in this recipe but I used carrots because that's what I have. Hubby, Uncle Richie and Aunt actually took a bit of the cookies and said that if I add some sugar is actually pretty good *slap head*. I wanted to make the dog treats as healthy as possible hoping that it would actually be better than the once at the store but Stanley and Milo is not real picky with their treats so they have been eating quite a bit of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin