Monday, March 16, 2009

Pizza and noodles

Hubby wanted to have pizza for dinner on Saturday night and insisted that we bough a frozen pizza or get one from somewhere. I did not have any cravings for pizza and since it was still early I told him that I would make a pizza. So I took out my trusty Kitchen aid and started the dough.

Pizza Dough
Ingredients
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk/water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
11/2cups bread flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt (I substitute with garlic salt)
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Dashes of spices (Italian seasoning, basil, thyme, oregano)

Method
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix the other ingredients together. Use the dough hook for the kitchen aid mixer and start mixing it after the yeast is ready.
3. Cover the bowl and let it rise. Mine took about an hour but if it's warm enough it might be quicker.
4. I used a pizza stone to make my pizza so I divided the dough into two and froze one. Preheat the pizza stone in the oven at about 400 degrees F. Take it out and roll the pizza dough on it. Prick some holes on the dough and put it back in the over for about 5 minutes to precook the dough. Take the dough out and cover it with your favorite sauce and topping.

The dough process takes a little time but then when that is done rising it is really fast to make a pizza. Hubby, Uncle and Aunt Richie loved the pizza.

While I was waiting for hubby's dough to rise I decided to make myself some friend noodles. I call it the whatever fried noodles because I basically just put what I had in it.


Whatever noodles
Ingredients
Noodles - Any kind that you have laying at home
Vegetables - I used choysum
Garlic
Onions
Pork or Chicken
Shrimp
Beansprout-I had some in the fridge

Sauce
chili paste-I used about 2 tbsp because I like it spicy
oyster sauce
pepper and salt to taste
soy sauce
a pinch of sugar
1/2c of stock

Method
1. Precook noodles.
2. Heat wok and add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry garlic and onions until fragrant.
3. Add pork and fry till cook. Add in vegetables and stir fry for about 5 minutes then add in noodles and shrimp and cook till shrimp turns pink.
4. Add in sauce and cook till sauce dries up stirring occasionally. Add in beansprout and stir fry until everything combined.

I managed to kill two birds in one stone because I managed to make what hubby liked and also something for myself in a short period of time since I didn't want to eat pizza.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin